Full-time, 37.5 hours per week
Darwin Community Legal Service is a multi-disciplinary service that provides a range of legal and advocacy services to the community to underpin access to justice.
The SDRS Advocate is part of a small team that represents the rights and interests of persons with a disability and older people in the Top End of the Northern Territory, providing advocacy support, community education and community awareness activities and contributing to systemic reform and policy development. We are looking for someone with skills and experience in a similar role who is committed to making a difference. We are looking for two candidates, one position is an identified position for an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
These positions are for a 12 month contract and will be renewed dependent on funding. DCLS pays above Award rates, has excellent conditions including flexible working and time in lieu, and salary packaging is available.
- Provide advocacy support to people living in or eligible to live in aged care homes, people who receive Commonwealth funded aged care community packages, and their representatives.
- Provide advocacy support to people who receive Community Home Support Program services
- Provide advocacy support to people with a disability and their representatives
- Under direction of the SDRS Manager, identify and report on systemic issues that adversely affect our consumer groups.
- Develop appropriate community resource materials.and engage with SDRS networks and stakeholders.
- Active participation as a member of the DCLS team contributing innovative ideas and solutions to all aspects of services.
* Please contact us if you require this Position Description in an alternative format.
Applicants must apply via Seek and must submit:
- an application addressing the Selection Criteria (in 2 pages)
- an up to date Resume
Applications close 4th December 2020
DCLS pays above award wages and salary packaging is available. Superannuation 9.5%, 6 week’s annual leave (or pro-rata), and generous conditions including flexible working and time in lieu.
DCLS is an equal opportunity employer.