We are seeking an enthusiastic and committed Advocate to work closely with a team of lawyers, advocates, reformers and campaigners in providing access to justice for people with disabilities and their representatives.
It is essential you have the following skills and experience:
- Understanding of and commitment to key principles and values of advocacy specifically within a senior and/or disability environment
- Proven commitment to social justice and human rights Experience providing outreach services in a community-based environment
- Experience developing and implementing community education materials and facilitating community-based events/activities
- Demonstrated high standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Microsoft Office and database systems including providing reports to a variety of stakeholders
- Strong organisational and time management skills including the ability to prioritise competing demands
- Current Manual NT Driver’s License and willingness to travel for short periods of time
Applications of no more than two pages with accompanying CV and nomination of two referees should be addressed to:
The Senior and Disability Rights Service Manager Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Post GPO Box 3180, Darwin NT 0801 For more information please contact Lorraine Gibbs on 8982 1111.