Seniors and Disability Rights Service
The Seniors and Disability Rights Service is based in Darwin and regularly visits Katherine, Nhulunbuy and other locations across the Top End of the NT as required.
The Seniors and Disability Rights Service assists older people or people with disabilities and their representatives who want to understand their rights and know how to implement them.
You have rights no matter where you live, or how much assistance you need, including the rights to:
- be supported by an advocate
- be treated with dignity and respect, and to maintain your independence
- feel safe
- make a complaint
We can give you information and help about your rights regarding:
- where you live
- care and services you are receiving
- activities in your community
- support, representation and referral
- people not respecting your culture
- problems where you work
- access to an interpreter
If you require an interpreter (including Auslan) we can provide one for free.