Tenants’ Advice Service
The Tenants’ Advice Service (TAS) is an NT wide, community-based advice and advocacy service for residential tenants.
The TAS assists people who pay rent to live in a home in the NT including:
- private residential tenants
- boarders and lodgers
- caravan park residents
- supported accommodation tenants
- Territory Housing tenants
- town camp residents
The TAS works to:
- Advise you on problems you are having with your landlord or real estate agent.
- Negotiate and advocate on your behalf with your landlord or real estate agent.
- Assist you with advice, documentation and representation before the Norther Territory Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NTCAT).
- Talk to your community group or organisation about tenants’ rights and responsibilities.
- Lobby to improve tenancy legislation and policy.
The TAS has also produced a series of fact sheets to assist tenants to understand their rights.
Telephone or face-to-face appointments are generally available every weekday except public holidays. Please contact us on freecall 1800 812 953 to make an appointment.
If you require an interpreter (including Auslan) we will provide one for free.
Funding for the TAS is made available by the NT Government.